Bible Society of Mongolia has as its doctrinal basis:
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the Fall, rendering man subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The full deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God; his virgin birth and his real and sinless humanity; his death on the cross, his bodily resurrection and his present reign in heaven and earth.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death once and for all time of our representative and substitute, Jesus Christ, the only mediator between God and man.
- Justification as God’s act of undeserved mercy, in which the sinner is pardoned all his sins, and accepted as righteous in God’s sight, only because of the righteousness of Christ imputed to him, this justification being received by faith alone.
- The need for the Holy Spirit to make the work of Christ effective to the individual sinner, granting him repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling of the Holy Spirit in all those thus regenerated, producing in them an increasing likeness to Christ in character and behaviour, and empowering them for their witness in the world.
- The only holy universal Church, which is the Body of Christ, and to which all true believers belong.
- The future personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge all men, executing God’s just condemnation on the impenitent and receiving the redeemed to eternal glory.
Source of the above statement: Dr. Martyn Lloyd Jones, of Westminster Chapel, London, formerly of Inter-Varsity Fellowship. BSM quotes it here with the permission of Inter-Varsity Fellowship.
It must be noted that point a.) “The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead” means that God is disparate from any traditional, human inspired deity. This is incompatible with any traditional Mongolian religion. BSM does not cooperate with organisations which choose to refer to God in Mongolian using traditional religious terms which conflict with his character as shown in the Bible. The Bible shows God is holy, as being utterly “set apart” from any of humanity’s religious concepts or deities.